Monday, July 13, 2009

My Art Sale

I'm working full speed on my art sale at the Old Colorado City History Center, Fri. Aug. 7, 5-8 p.m.



I've printed a few hundred of these two-page flyer/brochures and with the history center's help I'm getting them distributed.



Please excuse my current lack of frequent posts, I've made myself quite busy with this art sale -- which was one of the objectives that started this blog: "What am I gonna do with all my old art on my walls?" And since I don't have a website I'm directing people to this blog, and am trying to keep the 12 following pictures at the top of the queue.
I've finally got the details about how the show will be set up, with wine and cheese, and a volunteer to run the desk and take credit cards. Judy Ekstrom and daughter Chris Tilson will help. If things aren't too busy they can see some of the other galleries on the Artwalk. There are at least 12 galleries up and down the avenue, and I have to get to them with my brochures.
Figuring out how to display my art has taken awhile, I'm going to use 5 tripods and the large display panels that the history center has. What's kept me the busiest is getting the 12 pictures themselves ready, with clean glass, good mattes and frames; only the two oils are not under glass. And I've been making new photos of them all, for good prints and better display on this blog. I'll have two to show next post, to compare with the old photos.

No comments: