Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Please don't call me Galloping Goose

It's not my Handle, it's my Logo. My device, or hook. I just thought of it as I was making this blog on bogspot -- er, blogspot, and it asked me for the name of this blog.
I use that because of the old narrow gauge Galloping Goose that daily roared and clacked through the back acreage of the silver fox farm I was born on in Ridgway, Colorado, in the lee of Mt. Sneffels. My brother and I played on those tracks, it was all very formative.
I'm starting this blog because my good friend and sister-in-law Judy Wise urged me to. I asked her -- and I ask you, the so-called reader -- two pertinent questions:
1. What do you do with all those old framed paintings and drawings that you just found in your attic/cellar?
2. Where are you gonna put those new paintings/drawings you're starting?
Those are certainly my questions, which I'm going to attempt to answer through this blog.
Thanks for bearing with me, I have to see my thoughts in print so that I know what my thoughts are. 
Here's one of those pesky old paintings that I simply have to get rid of so I have a place to hang the new paintings I've already started. Pikes Peak from Old Colorado City, '98 (actually started years before), 24" x 36", oil. 

3 comments:

Judy Wise said...

Yay! I found your blog and I will make a link to it from my blog. When I click on your painting it gets big so I guess you've figured that out. You will have so much fun sharing your doin's with the world. I'll put you on my bloglines so I can follow your adventures. xo

Janine said...

All of these paintings are absolutely wonderful!

Barb Greiner said...

I'm SO glad I found your Blog via Judy!! MAN, was she right, your paintings are amazing!!! Seriously, keep it up and let us know when you open your etsy store.