Friday, October 1, 2010

Art Show Photos

I'm glad to show the photos of my art show, Aug. 13. They were taken by Dave Hughes Jr., a professional photographer associated with the Old Colorado City History Center.
Dave is like me, he too loves the images on the High Road, and pointedly showed me his photo of St. Francis De Asi in Ranchos de Taos because it was a different, more uncommon view of the mission than the two views I had shown in my blog:
This view from the southeast corner is more familiar, and of course the view from the back was made famous by Georgia Okeefe and was the inspiration for my High Road pictures:

I warn you about the rest of these photos, there are several pictures of myself. There could have been a lot more, but I want to show you pictures of some of my friends.
The first people to walk into my art show were Ron and Juli Hinkle, from Florence but formerly from just down the street from us in Old Colorado City:

Ron and I worked and carpooled together at the Air Force Academy for several years.
I was especially amuzed with my son-in-law Rick Munoz, who was recording mly artshow on Utube, and sending it out on emails from his new iphone 4. Judy Wise replied in the middle of the evening:

Don't you love it when friends show up to see your show? Among my longest friends here in Colorado Springs are Todd and Kathleen Ryan:

Todd has "8 more years" to go in his graphic art job in the marketing office at the Academy where I worked. He is an incredible aviation artist, just waiting to draw and paint more.
And my oldest and longest friends here came to my show, Fred and Beryl Clark, who live in Black Forest:

I met the Clarks in 1978 when I went to work at the Staff Artist at the National Carvers Museum in Monument, and Fred moved here because he made carving tools, and was President of Warren Tools.
And I want to show you Nate and Orion Kiser, who now live just a few blocks from us. Thanks Nate, for purchasing a High Road painting:

I could show lots more photos, Dave Hughes Jr. outdid himself. I offered to pay him for his good work, but he said, "I'd only like one of your pictures, Jack, maybe just a little sketch that you might otherwise throw away."
I gave him a drawing I made of our home, which is just a few blocks from where he and his family live, and only a few blocks more from his parents' home, where he grew up "surrounded by your artwork that Dad always had around":

Thankyou to everyone who was at my art show.

3 comments:

Judy Wise said...

The drawing of your house leaves me feeling melancholy. So many precious memories of visiting you there. I always felt at home with you guys and love your city. This is what getting old does to your emotions. xo

ps. and did I mention that it is a marvelous drawing? For all my "arting" I really cannot draw and I do admire your ability.

cristmae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cristmae said...

The sketch is so nice it inspires me to create one also with my partner Epson papers.Thank you for sharing.EPSON Premium Glossy Photo Paper