Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Southwest Collection

Today's Cinco de Mayo, and usually we can expect a snow storm. But today's the hottest day of the year so far. Anyhow, here's my oil painting of one of our recent blizzards on this date:
Cinco de Mayo, oil 20" x 30"
This is one of the paintings in my current Southwest Collection. I've now got my collection posted on Etsy (EkstromArt.Etsy.com), and I've scheduled an exhibit and sale on Friday, Aug. 13 at the Old Colorado City History Center. Here's the brochure of my entire collection:

I've handed out many of these brochures at the history center, and am printing more to give to people I know. The back page of the brochure is the oil from last year of Old Town Mazatlan:


On the inside I'm featuring my oils from along the High Road between Taos and Santa Fe:


* The backside of San Miguel Mission in Santa Fe, 20" x 24";
* 3 Incarnations of St. Anthony's in Dixon, 20" x 30";
* Sacred Heart at Nambe Pueblo, 16" x 20";
* Mission San Lorenzo at Picuris Pueblo, 16" x 20"


Page 3 of the brochure features 3 more High Road views:



* Mission San Jose at Las Trampas, 20" x 24";
* Mission of Holy Rosary at Truchas, 20" x 24";
* Holy Taos Mountain, 30" x 48"

And page 4 shows the remaining pictures I have for sale:


These include my diptych of the Colorado ghost town St. Elmo, which I completed only a year before the fire that destroyed much of the center part of the town:
* East St. Elmo, 24" x 30";
* West St. Elmo, 24" x 30";
* Cinco de Mayo, 20" x 30";
and * San Jose de Gracia at Las Trampas, 20" x 24".

No comments: